Give Your Mouth A Clean Slate With A Smile Makeover In Austin
If you've ever looked in the mirror and wanted a complete change for your smile, you’re not alone. We can help you start fresh and get back both your best smile appeal and oral functionality with a smile makeover at our Austin dental office. Also known as a full mouth restoration, this treatment plan can include a number of different general and cosmetic dentistry procedures, depending on your goals and the condition of your teeth.
Your Wants and Dental Needs Come First
At your consultation for a full mouth restoration in Austin, TX, Dr. Tor Gotun will perform a comprehensive evaluation of your teeth, gums, jaws and bite. This evaluation includes a physical examination, as well as images obtained with an intraoral camera and our in-office digital panoramic X-ray machine. A strong proponent of patient education, Dr. Gotun will present these images to you on a monitor in the exam room so that you can see exactly what’s happening. Our team always aims to treat you with the leas- invasive measures possible and would never try to talk you into a procedure that you do not need.
WATCH MORE HERE.
Oral Health Problems Addressed With Full Mouth Reconstruction
In most cases, your dentist’s first priority during a Smile Makeover at our Austin dental office is to alleviate any pain and functional problems you are experiencing before treating purely cosmetic issues. A full mouth reconstruction can address the following:
• Damaged teeth: Chips, cracks, excessive wear and decay can all lead to pain and an inability to bite and chew normally. Dr. Gotun can help restore a tooth to its proper shape and functionality with tooth-colored fillings and porcelain crowns that are indistinguishable from your natural tooth structure.
• Missing teeth: When lost teeth are not replaced, your remaining teeth and your bite will suffer. We can replace your missing teeth with a fixed bridge, a denture, or the most stable tooth replacement of all: dental implants.
• Bite issues: Our Austin dentist can correct a wide range of problems affecting the alignment of the teeth and bite with traditional braces or Invisalign® aligners.
• Periodontal disease: No restorative dentistry treatment will last without a healthy foundation to support the teeth. That is why Dr. Gotun treats all instances of gum disease prior to placing restorations such as dental implants.
• Gummy smile: A smile that displays too much gum tissue can easily be corrected with a soft tissue laser that eliminates excess tissue with minimal discomfort.
• Poor aesthetics: Once functional issues are addressed, we can help you achieve a beautiful, natural-looking smile with cosmetic procedures such as teeth whitening, porcelain veneers or composite bonding. You may also opt to replace old metal crowns and fillings with restorations that match your natural teeth.
• TMJ Treatment: Full-mouth reconstructions are a fantastic option as a part of permanent TMJ disorder management. Our Austin dental office performs many smile makeover treatments specifically out of the need to correct joint function and bite balance that causes problems for patients with TMD. Full mouth reconstruction for the treatment of TMJ disorder often allows patients to avoid invasive oral surgery and completely rebuild their smile to an aesthetically pleasing result. This approach often eliminates chronic migraines as well as jaw clicking and popping.
The time commitment for a smile makeover depends upon your unique case, but we try to schedule multiple procedures on the same day to save you time. Downtime can range from none at all in the case of a teeth whitening treatment to a couple of weeks while you are healing from dental implant placement.
Advanced Dentistry With No Fear in Austin, TX
For full mouth restorations in Austin, TX, Dr. Tor Gotun at Austin Smile Creations can handle even the most complex dental procedures. Contact us today for your smile makeover consultation. With more than 3,000 hours of continuing education under his belt, Dr. Gotun is equipped to treat most issues without sending you to a specialist, offering you top quality, gentle care in one convenient location.